literature

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

In the Scarlet Letter as I was reading the first 2 chapters I thought about how dark and gloomy it was. It was mentioning cemeteries and prisons. I thought it was most despairing thing I have ever read. There was no free spirit for anyone. It was the longest chapters I have ever read. The only positive thing was the rays of sun and the red rose bush. This gave them hope. That part was the only reason I kept on reading. That small part shows how much nature and free spirit can help have a positive affect on your life. I thought the punishments were cruel. People in the world shouldn't be punished they should learn from their mistakes and live spiritually. Punishment only causes corruption in peoples mind. As a follwer of transdentalism this is how the Scarlet Letter clashes with my thoughts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home